This fresh take on potato salad has been gracing our dinner table all summer. We love to use Lucy’s Zesty Mayo (lemon & caper) Dressing as a lighter alternative to mayonnaise and add plenty of fresh herbs and lemon zest for extra brightness. Swap out the asparagus for French beans, depending on the season.
Serves 2 (as a side or light lunch)
Lucy’s Zesty Mayo Dressing
250g new potatoes
1 bundle of asparagus OR 100g green beans
2-3 eggs, hard-boiled
small handful of fresh dill, parsley or chives (or a mixture), roughly chopped
zest of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pan of salted water to boil, add the new potatoes and cook for approx 10 minutes or until fork tender.2
- Add the asparagus or green beans, when the potatoes are nearly cooked and boil for approx 4 minutes, or until bright green but still slightly crisp.
- Drain the vegetables and plunge into a bowl of ice cold water to halt cooking and retain colour.
- Once cool, halve or quarter the potatoes (depending on size) and chop the beans/asparagus into bite-size pieces.
- Add to a bowl, pour over a generous amount of Lucy’s Zesty Mayo dressing and toss well.
- Add fresh herbs, lemon zest and seasoning to taste. Toss again.
- Finally, slice the boiled eggs into quarters and fold in.