(N.B. Our former “Slim Light” range has had a makeover and is now known as our “Low Sugar” range”)
Salads aren’t just for summer! We love salads all year round and just rotate our ingredients with the seasons. This hearty salad includes two of our favourite winter veggies – beetroot and kale – which are a great pairing with our tangy raspberry dressing. We’ve also added chickpeas, feta and almonds for extra texture, flavour and staying power.
- Lucy’s Low Sugar Raspberry Dressing
- 1 small bunch of kale (we used mixed – green & purple)
- 1x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 cooked beetroot, chopped into chunks
- 1/2-1 red chilli, minced
- 1/2 small bunch of mint, roughly chopped
- 50g feta or goat’s cheese, crumbled
- small handful of almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the kale and cook for 2 minutes. Drain well and plunge into cold water to prevent further cooking. Spin dry and roughly chop.
- Add the kale to a large serving bowl, along with the chickpeas, beetroot, chilli and mint. Pour over a generous amount of Lucy’s Low Sugar Raspberry Dressing and toss well to combine.
- Finish with the crumbled cheese, almonds and salt and pepper, to taste.