What can be better than a juicy beef burger, straight from the barbecue? This homemade burger recipe is so simple, you’ll wonder why you ever bought burgers. We think Lucy’s Beetroot & Horseradish relish makes the perfect topping!
- Lucy’s Blushing Beetroot relish
- 500g beef mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- handful of fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- a few handfuls of rocket
- brioche burger buns, toasted
- salt & pepper
1. Using your hands or a food processor, mix the beef mince, red onion, herbs, Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, egg yolk and breadcrumbs until well combined. Season well with salt & pepper.
2. Using your hands, shape small balls with the meat mixture then flatten into patties.
3. Form small balls with the meat mix using your hands.
4. Heat up a stove-top grill pan or the barbecue.
5. Brush the patties lightly with oil then cook for approx. 4 minutes on each side (cooking time will depend on burger size).
6. Assemble the burgers: place inside the toasted brioche buns, topped with a dollop of Lucy’s Blushing Beetroot relish and a handful of rocket.